Lucia Ancona Lopez de Magalhães Dias
Sâo Paulo office
+55 11 3829-4411
Founding Partner, responsible for Consumer and Regulatory Law.
Consumer Law, Administrative and Regulatory Law and Civil Litigation
• Lawyer with extensive experience in complex cases - individual and collective - with large clients in matters related to consumer and regulatory law before the Judiciary and different bodies of SNDC, regulatory agencies and CONAR.
• Consultant for several associations on numerous regulatory issues, especially recall, labeling, promotion, children's advertising, e- commerce and food safety.
• Doctoral Degree in Civil Law and Consumer Law from the University of Sao Paulo (USP)
• Law Graduate from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP).
• Former Director of Consumer Relations at IBRAC. Currently, she is a Director at BRASILCON (Institute of Consumer Policy and Law).
• Visiting Professor in renowned schools. Author of several publications and the book "Publicidade e Direito", in its 3rd edition (Ed. Saraiva).
Portuguese, English and Italian
“Lucia Ancona Lopez de Magalhães e Dias is the partner responsible for consumer law and regulatory matters at Magalhães & Dias law firm.”
“With over 15 years of experience in the field, she was been engaged in the assessment of advertising campaigns, promotions, trade policies, children’s advertising, labelling, allergens and GMO, unfair competition, electronic commerce, several safety recall procedures (from planning to execution, drafting requirements and briefs to consumer and health authorities and follow-on litigation), and individual and collective compensation claims (complex class actions), as well as regulatory affairs.”
“Known by her clients as an extremely knowledgeable attorney, Ms Magalhães Dias has expertise in both consumer and regulatory matters. Her engagement and credibility in academia and before consumer associations are a plus appreciated by clients.
“Ms Magalhães has tried important cases before the Brazilian advertising self-regulation body (CONAR) and filed proceedings with administrative consumer protection bodies (PROCONs, SENACON-DPDC-MJ, state and federal prosecution offices, ANVISA, MAPA, ANATEL, among others).”